Today I received an email from the nurse manager on the oncology floor at Baptist Hospital in Nashville. After three interviews, she invited me to join her team, and I seriously cannot be more thrilled! First of all because this is my dream job. Second because I did not apply for the position...
A few months ago before the wedding, I made a trip to Nashville to visit different hospitals to talk to nurse recruiters. I had gone about the traditional applying for positions alone, and after months of not even hearing from a real person, I decided I would take matters into my own hands. Nurse graduates I had known before me had recommended I take portfolios to different hospitals just to get my name out there. When I visited Baptist, which is the one of the biggest hospitals in Nashville, no one would even talk to me in the human resources office. I walked to the elevators feeling pretty defeated since this was one of my top picks for hospitals in the area. I then decided that I wasn't leaving without someone talking to me. So while praying the entire way to the information desk and to the 6th floor, I found the nurse manager's office. After introducing myself and telling the nurse manager about who I was and the passion I have for oncology, she told me it was extremely hard to get a job in a specialized field such as oncology as a new graduate and they mostly hired internally anyways. I thanked her and left my portfolio if something were to open up....and I was sure that was the last I would hear from her until a week ago, when I received the call asking if I had already found a job...
Another funny thing about the situation is if you would have asked me a year ago where in Nashville I would be working I would have told you Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. And in fact, I made it to the final interview for their residency program until I was put on the waiting list for a job. But the cut off for the application process was before I even stepped foot on an adult oncology floor and I found my LOVE for oncology nursing. Yes, I was heartbroken when I didn't get the job at Vandy, but now that I look at how God is working, I know that just wasn't His plan...and I am thankful for that.
So have I been inpatient? Have I doubted God even wanted me to be a nurse? Have I been angry at how unfair the hiring process is for new graduates? YES! But I've learned that my worth is not in a job or in what I can contribute to our financial situation as a family. My worth only comes from Christ and the sacrifice He made for me. Nothing else matters. Once I let go and realized my life is never in my control and how God will provide all my needs, He provided. So this entire process has brought Him all the glory! Everyone who knows me knows it's a miracle in itself that shy Brittany was able to walk up to a stranger and say with confidence this floor is where I want to be. ALL the glory to God...
Thank you to all who have been praying!!
I finished my first week of TurboFire, and I can already tell the difference in my energy. Tonight I was able to do the core workout and then finish a short night run. This workout was my first time using resistance bands. Jesse swears by them, and after today I can see why. LOVED them! So all of my "starter" workouts have been done and tomorrow starts the real stuff. So we will see how it goes! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment