So Jesse and I have been married for about a month & a half. Which means I have had drastic changes in all parts of my life. A new name to answer to, a new house to take care of, and a new person who has to sleep in my bed. I also just graduated from nursing school and moved to a whole new city. A BIG city..well just outside a big city. And although this big city has lots of wonderful hospitals, new graduate job search is pretty difficult. But God has a plan. He always does. And I don't want a job that isn't in His perfect plan. So we are praying and trying to keep busy.
Recently, I have felt the need to start living a healthier lifestyle. If you know my husband, he is a workout fanatic, and if you know me, I like my naps. College life meant lots of fast food, late nights, and caffeine. But now that I am on to adulthood, it's time to really care about the things I eat and the non-existent exercise routine in my life. Granted, I feel that as girls it's easy to always think you should lose a few pounds or that a lesser number on the scale means a prettier girl. We can thank society for that. And it has taken me a long time to realize that I will never have perfect thighs or wear a size 0 in pants again. But after years of trying to be perfect, I refuse to let the world say I'm anything but beautiful. And I've been blessed with a husband who is pretty crazy about me anyways.. :)
I think there is a difference in wanting to lose weight for self-esteem issues, and wanting to be healthy to enjoy life. As a nurse, I have seen many patients who if they had made lifestyle changes, they wouldn't have the medical issues they do. So Jesse and I have decided to start with what we eat and make conscious decisions our lifestyles not only for ourselves, but for our family to come (a long, long, LONG time from now). It's giving us something to work towards together as newlyweds, and giving me to fun of looking for healthy recipes everywhere possible.
I have also started a 3 month workout program through Beach Body. If you didn't know, Jesse is a Beach Body Coach which means he sells and recommends programs for different people (If you are interested, contact me!!). I've tried P90x, which was a good workout, but was boring after a while. I have also tried Insanity, which is definitely insane, but not a program I stuck with. But after a nice sales pitch from my cute husband/salesman, I decided to go with Turbo Fire. It sort of reminds me of Insanity with a little Zumba mixed in. The work outs are shorter than the others I have tried, which hopefully once I start those 12 hour nursing shifts will allow me to stick with it. I started my first day yesterday, and I could definitely tell this morning. And after day two today, I absolutely love the program! It goes by so fast, and you can definitely feel every part of your body that is being worked on. We will see how tomorrow goes! :)
http://www.teambeachbody.com/watch/products/turbo-fire
So I want to use this blog as a way to track my progress through this new program..maybe as a little bit of accountability. I also wanted to share the healthy recipes the Haydens will be trying, and the lifestyle changes we will be making. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment