Today on my workout program was supposed to be a rest day. And yes I didn't do any of the workouts, but I did mow the grass to help out the hubby and had a short mile run to burn some stress. I have my second interview for a job that is exactly what I have been praying for. So a little night run was very much needed to make sure I can get some sleep tonight. The interview is at 7am, so pray pray pray!!
Tonight I made a pretty healthy dinner. I tried a lemon chicken recipe that I found online. It wasn't my favorite, but I guess you never know until you try. I did make mashed potatoes from scratch though. And if you ask my past roommates this is a big deal for me. First because I have potatoes that don't have growths all over them (I always forget that I buy them until it's too late), and second because all through college I was an instant potato freak. And I am actually proud I used a potato peeler for the first time in my life...yeah cooking is a new thing for me. :)
I have a heavy heart tonight for one of my best friends in the entire world. She lost her precious grandmother suddenly, and although one could say she lived out lots of fulfilling years with many who loved her, losing someone is never easy. It also blows my mind how although I never met her grandmother, I hurt so much for my friend. The Lord has blessed me so much with a tight group of college friends. Girls that would drop everything they were doing to be with me if I needed them. I wish that such a sad situation didn't have to be the thing to remind me, but God shows us some of the best blessings during the worst storms.
That's all for now..picking up the workout again tomorrow, and actually looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment